Friday, November 20, 2009

And the winner of 'most nimble new science journal web site' is mBio

Kudos to mBio the recently announced new open access journal from ASM. I posted a little bit about it a few days ago. There was some back and forth in the comments w/ people involved in the journal and, impressively, they have already modified some sections of the web site to clarify some of the things I and others felt were unclear. A pretty rare thing in the world of journals as far as I know, to make changes quickly. Normally there would be some sort of deliberative, painfully slow, and annoyingly conservative process in response to comments/feedback. Good job Barbara Goldman and ASM. And happy to have ASM moving a bit more towards an Open Access future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...